Friday, July 13, 2012

uhmmm... say what?

4 years later..

Okay, so yes, it's been 4 years since I thought to myself "wow, I should start a blog, everybody is starting a blog, I can totally do a blog"... updating once every four years is totally normal, right?? RIGHT???

Pssshhhh... In the last 4 years I have fallen in love, fallen in cohabitation, gotten engaged, gotten married, gotten knocked up, and, finally, been lucky enough to have what I can only refer to as the perfect child!! Surrounded by boys, furry and otherwise, and I am their Queen... or so I call myself...

Ha, you so crazy mom... 




I don't quite know what I exactly expected of my life, and so I shouldn't be very surprised that it has turned out this way. It turned out as it has... I thought I would be the proverbial crazy cat lady... and as much as I am crazy about my cats, turns out that I was meant to be a mom too!

No longer am I just the aunt, no longer do I drop by to babysit, throw the kidlets around and take them to parks and playtime and explain the mysteries of life.. like how it feels to be really old at 9 years old (thankyou dear nephews... I do feel much older than 9 some days...)
No longer can I end my time with the kidlets, bidding them adieu as they cry out for me to stay and play.. "so sorry, munchkin-butt, but I must be on my way..love you so much..cheerio!"

Apparently it is a felony or some such thing to do the same with your own child... there is no one coming to pick up my own little munchkin-butt... there is no leaving this little guy behind as I go about my day...
I go about my day with munchkin-butt in tow, and if it's not munchkin-butt friendly, then we don't go!! Eeek!!

Lucky for me, he makes it easier to cope with losing my carefreeness and embrace the carefullness of parenthood! Goofy smiles, moist hands/mouth/chin/cheek/arm/foot/neck, crinkly eyes of happiness, pooling eyes of sadness, and the chubbiness that makes him absolute perfection in a diaper!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow that is one long bloggy break!

adorable pictures!.

Monika.